Protecting individual doors
The protection mechanism for individual doors is examined below based upon the assumption that only one door is open at any time. Within the overall supply volumes available it is not possible to provide protection for more than one open door at a time.
Theatre - Anaesthetic door open
Double door - Required flow 0.57 m3/s. (Sterile) - (Transitional)
When this door opens the pressure in the combined Theatre/ Anaesthetic becomes 17 Pa, which causes the stabilisers between Theatre and Exit Bay and Scrub and Corridor to close down diverting air across this doorway. The door leakage across the Anaesthetic to Theatre door increases to 0.1 m3/s and the stabiliser between Anaesthetic and Corridor has to be sized to handle 0.47 m3/s (@ 14 Pa differential) to provide an outflow path.
Protecting Individual Open Doors
- Lay-up Prep - Corridor Door Open
- Lay-up Prep - Theatre Door Open
- S.P.S Prep - Corridor Door Open
- Theatre - Anaesthetic Door Open
- Theatre - Exit Bay Door Open
- Scrub - Corridor Door Open
- Theatre - Disposal Door Open
- Anaesthetic - Corridor Door Open
- Clean Corridor - Disposal Door Open
- Disposal Corridor